Source of smoke near Wetumpka, Montgomery is a controlled burn | News
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - The source of a smoke plume near Wetumpka that can be seen as far away as Montgomery is a controlled burn, say fire officials.
The controlled burn plan has been in place for months - it's being held on a 180 acre tract of land between Alabama Hwy. 170 and Hwy. 9. The burn is being conducted by the Forest Management Group.
Authorities say the burn is safe, do not worry when you see the smoke plume.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids