Road construction causing delays on Hwy 231 between Wetumpka and Montgomery | News
Commuters along Highway 231 between Wetumpka and Montgomery can expect significant delays starting today, as that stretch of highway undergoes construction.
The Alabama Department of Transportation has started a project that will add a third northbound lane between the Tallapoosa River Bridge and Redland Road.
The project will also include the demolition and rebuilding of the relief bridge, which will carry the three lanes.
Because of the construction, some northbound traffic will be shifted into the southbound lanes. The speed limit is being lowered to 35 mph.
The DOT expects the 4.2 million dollar project to be completed by June 2013.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade