First signs appear of Creek Casino expansion | News
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA)- The first construction office is on the property where a new hotel is slated to be built for the Creek Casino in Wetumpka.
Wetumpka Chamber of Commerce officials say they're getting "significant" calls from potential businesses such as eateries and retail shops interested in moving into the area.
Casino officials have not yet started hiring anyone, but they say their in the process of preparing job fairs to fill positions once they are available.
The announcement to expand the operation at Creek Casino was made by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians back in July. The expansion, estimated to cost $246 million, will include a large hotel, parking deck, and other facilities that promise nearly 600 jobs.
Construction is expected to be complete by the start of 2014.
WSFA 12 News reporter Bryan Henry is following this story and will have details on WSFA 12 News First at 4:00, and WSFA 12 News at 5:00 and 6:00.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search shifts to recovery mission after man swept away in Tallapoosa River
- Tallassee sexual abuse case remains at 8 victims
- Victim count could rise to 10 in Tallassee child sex abuse case
- Montgomery's Child Protect reacts to horrific Tallassee sex abuse case
- Police say 3-month-old baby among those sexually abused by Tallassee man