Missing Millbrook man's body found in Autauga County | News
MILLBROOK, AL (WSFA) - Authorities say the remains found off of Highway 31 in Autauga County belong to a missing Millbrook man.
George Michael Cutcher, 47 of Millbrook, was reported missing by his family on Monday, July 2. Family members told Millbrook Police that Cutcher hadn't made contact with them or reported to work since June 29.
Cutcher's red Chevrolet truck had been observed parked at the intersection of Autauga County Road 85 and Highway 31 - it was determined that he made a purchase at a business near that location and had not been seen or heard from since that time.
On July 7, the Millbrook Police Department was contacted to assist with a death investigation by the Autauga County Sheriff's Office near the area where Cutcher was last spotted. Autauga County Search and Rescue crews located a decomposed body in a wooded area nearby.
The Alabama Department of Forensic Science was able to positively identify the deceased as Cutcher. The preliminary autopsy report indicates Cutcher's cause of death was natural - there were no signs of trauma to the body or any indication of foul play.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids