Missing Millbrook man's body found in Autauga County | News
MILLBROOK, AL (WSFA) - Authorities say the remains found off of Highway 31 in Autauga County belong to a missing Millbrook man.
George Michael Cutcher, 47 of Millbrook, was reported missing by his family on Monday, July 2. Family members told Millbrook Police that Cutcher hadn't made contact with them or reported to work since June 29.
Cutcher's red Chevrolet truck had been observed parked at the intersection of Autauga County Road 85 and Highway 31 - it was determined that he made a purchase at a business near that location and had not been seen or heard from since that time.
On July 7, the Millbrook Police Department was contacted to assist with a death investigation by the Autauga County Sheriff's Office near the area where Cutcher was last spotted. Autauga County Search and Rescue crews located a decomposed body in a wooded area nearby.
The Alabama Department of Forensic Science was able to positively identify the deceased as Cutcher. The preliminary autopsy report indicates Cutcher's cause of death was natural - there were no signs of trauma to the body or any indication of foul play.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade