AUM Men's soccer to host college prep camp in February | Events
The Auburn University at Montgomery men's soccer program and the Wulf Koch Soccer Academy will host its annual College Prep Camp, a two-day camp and clinic, on February 2-3, 2013, at the AUM Soccer Stadium.
The event is open to boys ages 15 and up and provides an opportunity to become more familiar with the elite college level. This camp has a specifically designed curriculum and will feature only the best and most effective techniques available. All instruction will be conducted by college coaches, who will put campers through the paces of a typical college pre-season routine.
The camp setting will challenge the field players in attacking skills, speed of play, and quick decision making through small-sided, 11 vs. 11 matches. The goalkeepers will be challenged through individual exercises, as well as full-sided activities.
The camp director is AUM head coach Wulf Koch, who after leading the AUM women's program for three seasons to a record of 49-18-3 and a 2004 NAIA National Tournament "Sweet 16" appearance, took over the AUM men's program in 2007. In his six years as the men's coach, his record stands at 79-32-11. It includes a NAIA Final Four appearance, a NAIA quarterfinal appearance, a Regional Championship as well as the 2012 SSAC Conference Tournament Championship.
Registration for the camp is $100 and space is limited. A training shirt is also included in the registration fee.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash
- National Tae Kwon Do champion from Tallassee
- Authorities kill "nuisance" gator on Rifle Range Road
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallassee City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallapoosa County schools
- 3 suspects in Tallassee child sex abuse case have first court hearing