Central Alabama Master Gardeners Assn. to host 'lunch & learn' session in 2013 | Events
The Central Alabama Master Gardeners Association is set to host a "lunch and learn" session each month.
Sessions will be held on the second Wednesday of the month from 12 - 1 p.m. at the Elmore County Extension Office, located at 340 Queen Ann Road in Wetumpka.
The schedule for 2013 is as follows:
- January 9th – Winter pruning of plants and roses
- February 13th - Seed starting
- March 13th – Making your own potting soil and soil testing
- April 10th – Raised beds and the home vegetable garden
- May 8th – Houseplants
- June 12th – Hydrangeas
- July 10th – Harvesting and using herbs
- August 14th – Planting a fall vegetable garden
- September 11th – Southern heirloom gardening
- October 9th – Planting and growing garlic
- November 13th – Recycling yard and kitchen wastes (composting)
- December 11th – Decorating with natural materials
For more information, visit the Elmore County Extension Office's website or call them at 334-567-6301.
Source: Elmore County Master Gardeners Association
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents