2012 Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is underway | Events
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Friday July 6, 2012, and ending at twelve midnight on Sunday July 8, 2012, Alabama will hold its first annual sales tax holiday giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain severe-weather preparedness supplies free of state sales or use tax. Local sales and use tax may apply. To see the list of participating cities and counties click here.
Retailers are required to participate and may not charge tax on items that are legally tax-exempt during the Sales Tax Holiday.
Sales Tax Holiday links:
- Sales Tax Holiday Quick Reference Sheet of Exempt Items
- Participating Cities & Counties
- Sales Tax Holiday Rule 810-6-3-.66.02ER
- Sales Tax Holiday Act No. 2012-256
For more information, call the Alabama Department of Revenue at 334-242-1490 or 866-576-6531, between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., CST, Monday through Friday.
Source: Alabama Department of Revenue
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade