AWF Outdoor Classroom EXPO & Workshop registration is now open | Environment
Alabama Wildlife Federation's Outdoor Classroom EXPO is set for October 11-12 at the AWF headquarters in Millbrook.
The AWF Outdoor Classroom Expo provides activity ideas, learning station project plans, and resources to help educators use and sustain Outdoor Classroom for hands-on, minds-on learning opportunities.
Expo Sessions will begin at 10 a.m. on Thursday and end at lunchtime on Friday with four concurrent sessions held throughout each day.
There will be more than 20 Different Sessions including:
- Bring Literature Alive in the Outdoors
- Turn Your Students into Nature Explorers
- Look for Critters on a Herp Habitat Walk
- Explore Bog Habitat Activities
- Build a Hands-Made Weather Station
- Create a Hypertufa Container
- and more
The Keynote speakers are Paulette Haywood Ogard & Sara Bright, authors of Butterflies of Alabama .
For registration information and details, click here.
Source: Alabama Wildlife Federation
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search shifts to recovery mission after man swept away in Tallapoosa River
- Tallassee sexual abuse case remains at 8 victims
- Victim count could rise to 10 in Tallassee child sex abuse case
- Montgomery's Child Protect reacts to horrific Tallassee sex abuse case
- Police say 3-month-old baby among those sexually abused by Tallassee man