Authorities searching for two escaped inmates from the Elmore County Jail | Crime
ELMORE CO., AL (WSFA) - Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin says authorities are searching for two men who escaped from the Elmore County Jail Monday night.
Authorities say the two inmates, 40-year-old Jamie Morgan and 33-year-old Jeremy Hadden, were in their cell at a check at 9:03 p.m. The two managed to escape some time before the next check at 10 p.m. Sheriff Franklin said the building was compromised at that time but could provide no additional details regarding the escape.
Morgan, from Montgomery, had been in the Elmore County Jail for 51 days charged with six counts of second-degree theft of property. Hadden, from Mobile, had been serving in the Elmore County Jail for 224 days for prior escape charges as well as two counts of theft of property first-degree.
Alabama Department of Corrections tracking dogs have been called in to assist in the search. It is believed the escapees traveled by foot approximately one mile north on 231 at the wood line.
At that point, Sheriff Franklin believes they crossed the Coosa River and came up on the White Water Subdivision on Hwy. 111.
Authorities are also searching for a 2008 beige-colored Toyota Van, Alabama tag # 29C90L6 in connection with the escapees.
If you know the whereabouts of these subjects you are asked to contact local law enforcement immediately.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids