Bertarelli found not guilty of assault | Crime
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - A candidate running for a seat on the Wetumpka City Council was found not guilty on charges that he'd assaulted a neighbor.
Frank Bertarelli was aquitted of the misdemeanor assault charge after it was found he was justified in defending himself.
A neighbor accused Bertarelli of assault after an altercation. Bertarelli, running for the District One seat, says his neighbor has a history of harrassing the Bertarelli family.
Bertarelli claimed self defense at the time of his arrest but said he would not file any charges against the neighbor because he didn't want to start "a warrant war".
The alleged incident happened in the past week, but due to the proximity to the election, Bertarelli's trial was expedited.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade