Bertarelli found not guilty of assault | Crime
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - A candidate running for a seat on the Wetumpka City Council was found not guilty on charges that he'd assaulted a neighbor.
Frank Bertarelli was aquitted of the misdemeanor assault charge after it was found he was justified in defending himself.
A neighbor accused Bertarelli of assault after an altercation. Bertarelli, running for the District One seat, says his neighbor has a history of harrassing the Bertarelli family.
Bertarelli claimed self defense at the time of his arrest but said he would not file any charges against the neighbor because he didn't want to start "a warrant war".
The alleged incident happened in the past week, but due to the proximity to the election, Bertarelli's trial was expedited.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids