Wetumpka City Council candidate arrested | Crime
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - A man running for public office in Wetumpka has been arrested and charged on accusations of assault. But he says all is not as it seems.
Frank Bertarelli, a candidate for Wetumpka's City Council, has been arrested and charged for assault third degree for an incident that occurred with his neighbor.
Bertarelli claims self defense and says he won't press charges against the neighbor because he "doesn't want to start a warrant war."
Coming up on WSFA 12 News at 5 and 6 p.m. hear from Bertarelli himself regarding these claims.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade