Wetumpka City Council candidate arrested | Crime
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - A man running for public office in Wetumpka has been arrested and charged on accusations of assault. But he says all is not as it seems.
Frank Bertarelli, a candidate for Wetumpka's City Council, has been arrested and charged for assault third degree for an incident that occurred with his neighbor.
Bertarelli claims self defense and says he won't press charges against the neighbor because he "doesn't want to start a warrant war."
Coming up on WSFA 12 News at 5 and 6 p.m. hear from Bertarelli himself regarding these claims.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents