Alleged murderer's sister arrested for trying to arrange an escape from jail | Crime
ELMORE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - The sister of accused murderer Josh Caspari has been arrested and charged for trying to help get her brother out of jail.
According to Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin, Jessica Caspari was arrested Tuesday and charged with promoting prison contraband and facilitating escape from a detention center.
Jessica Caspari allegedly paid an inmate at the Elmore County Jail $500 to smuggle pieces of a hacksaw blade to her brother, Josh Caspari, who is being held in connection with the February murder of Anna Cardwell.
A routine cell check discovered damage to Josh Caspari's cell. An investigation revealed that Jessica Caspari had been meeting with another jail inmate who was on work release the the county court house to arrange the transactions. Josh Caspari is being held without bond at the Elmore County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade