Alleged murderer's sister arrested for trying to arrange an escape from jail | Crime
ELMORE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - The sister of accused murderer Josh Caspari has been arrested and charged for trying to help get her brother out of jail.
According to Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin, Jessica Caspari was arrested Tuesday and charged with promoting prison contraband and facilitating escape from a detention center.
Jessica Caspari allegedly paid an inmate at the Elmore County Jail $500 to smuggle pieces of a hacksaw blade to her brother, Josh Caspari, who is being held in connection with the February murder of Anna Cardwell.
A routine cell check discovered damage to Josh Caspari's cell. An investigation revealed that Jessica Caspari had been meeting with another jail inmate who was on work release the the county court house to arrange the transactions. Josh Caspari is being held without bond at the Elmore County Jail.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search shifts to recovery mission after man swept away in Tallapoosa River
- Tallassee sexual abuse case remains at 8 victims
- Victim count could rise to 10 in Tallassee child sex abuse case
- Montgomery's Child Protect reacts to horrific Tallassee sex abuse case
- Police say 3-month-old baby among those sexually abused by Tallassee man