Man charged with sexual abuse of a child | Crime
ELMORE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - An Elmore County man has been arrested for Sexual Abuse of a Child Younger than 12 after investigators say he fondled a boy living in his neighborhood.
The suspect, 24-year-old Joshua Ray Parton worked as a computer technician for a company at Gunter Air Force Base. According to the Elmore County Sheriff, Parton admitted to fondling a 9-year-old boy multiple times starting in May 2011.
Investigators say the abuse started on or around Shields Road in the Lightwood Community. The Sheriff added that the victim's family and Parton knew each other. The allegations came to light this week when the boy's father noticed a change in his son's behavior.
As of now, Parton faces one count of Sexual Abuse of a Child Younger than 12 - more charges may be forthcoming. If Parton is convicted of this one charge, he faces a minimum of 15 years in prison.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade