Man charged with sexual abuse of a child | Crime
ELMORE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - An Elmore County man has been arrested for Sexual Abuse of a Child Younger than 12 after investigators say he fondled a boy living in his neighborhood.
The suspect, 24-year-old Joshua Ray Parton worked as a computer technician for a company at Gunter Air Force Base. According to the Elmore County Sheriff, Parton admitted to fondling a 9-year-old boy multiple times starting in May 2011.
Investigators say the abuse started on or around Shields Road in the Lightwood Community. The Sheriff added that the victim's family and Parton knew each other. The allegations came to light this week when the boy's father noticed a change in his son's behavior.
As of now, Parton faces one count of Sexual Abuse of a Child Younger than 12 - more charges may be forthcoming. If Parton is convicted of this one charge, he faces a minimum of 15 years in prison.
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids