River Region Ethics now accepting business nominations for 2012 awards | Business
Montgomery, AL – River Region Ethics in Business, along with the Samaritan Counseling Center, Inc., are currently accepting nominations for the 2013 cycle of the River Region Ethics in Business and Public Service Awards through February 10, 2013.
Conducted in collaboration with Auburn University Montgomery’s Schools of Business and Sciences, the program honors small, medium, and large businesses, nonprofit organizations/public agencies and community leaders that stand apart in their dedication to the highest ethical standards in their approach to the workplace in the tri-county area.
Nominations may be made online through the program’s website at www.riverregionethics.com or by requesting nomination forms from The Samaritan Counseling Center at 262-7787.
Under the supervision of faculty, AUM business and public administration graduate students will research ethical policies and practices of up to six (6) nominees in each category. An independent selection committee made up of community leaders will review the final academic reports and designate three (3) finalists and one award winner in each category who will be honored at an awards luncheon in the fall of 2013.
River Region Ethics and the Samaritan Counseling Center present these awards in order to:
- Foster a climate of ethical integrity in the community by recognizing ethical practices of businesses, organizations, and individuals
- Promote awareness and education concerning ethical business and public service behavior
- Heighten awareness regarding programs and services of The Samaritan Counseling Center available to strengthen families and organizations
- Help fund scholarships for AUM business and public administration students
The 2012 recipients included Seay, Seay and Litchfield, Up and Running, GKN Aerospace, Family Sunshine Center, and Sieu Tang Wood.
Founded as a 501(c)3 organization in 1999, The Samaritan Counseling Center, Inc. provides mental health services, educational programming and consultative services to all in need in the River Region through a wellness-oriented philosophy, emphasizing mind, body, and spirit. For more information about The Samaritan Counseling Center and its services, visit www.thesamaritancounselingcenter.org.
About River Region Ethics:
The River Region Ethics in Business and Public Service Awards is a program of The Samaritan Counseling Center, Inc. in collaboration with Auburn University Montgomery’s School of Business and School of Sciences. The purpose of the program is to bring the importance of business and public service ethics to the forefront of communities throughout the River Region and to honor those individuals and companies that practice and believe in good ethics. It is hoped that businesses and agencies throughout the community will aspire to be considered for this award.
Information Source: River Region Ethics
Top Wetumpka Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids