Poarch Creek to expand Wetumpka casino facility, bring jobs to area | Business
WETUMPKA, AL (WSFA) - The Poarch Band of Creek Indians announced a plan on Wednesday to expand their existing operation at Creek Casino in Wetumpka. This expansion will include a large hotel, parking deck and other facilities and when completed is expected to provide nearly 600 full time jobs.
In a news conference held Wednesday morning the Poarch Creek Indians announced the $246 Million project which includes a casino expansion with a connector building, a 20-story hotel that will hold 280 rooms, and new parking deck.
Officials say this project will employ 600 workers while under construction and provide around 600 full-time jobs when the project is completed.
The expansion is expected to finish construction and open to the public by January 1, 2014.
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade