Wetumpka Depot Players to hold audition for "Seeing Stars in Dixie" | Arts & Culture
Wetumpka, Al.- The Wetumpka Depot Players announce auditions for Ron Osborne’s, Seeing Stars in Dixie on August 13 and 14th at 7pm. Directed by Kim Mason, show dates are October 4-6, 11-14, and 18-20, 2012.
Set in 1956, all of Natchez, Mississippi is abuzz that Hollywood's brightest stars, Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor, have arrived to film Raintree County! Meanwhile at Clemmie's Tea Room, the widowed movie-buff proprietress with a secret admirer oversees her own cast of characters: Tootie, her take charge friend; Jo Beth, a former beauty queen; Glease, a man more comfortable with women than with macho men; and Marjorie, an unethical social climber. Competition for a small role in the movie brings out the best and worst of these memorable characters. Twists, turns and revelations lead Clemmie to trade a moment of fame for love and the chance to impact the lives of people dear to her.
The script calls for 1 male, 4 females, ages 30-65 age range. For more information contact 334-868-1440
The Depot Theatre is located at 300 S Main Street in the heart of historic downtown Wetumpka.
Information Source: Wetumpka Depot Players
Upcoming Events near Wetumpka
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade